WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– PhD in bioinformatics, genomics, computer science or a related discipline; or PhD in life sciences
related disciplines and demonstrable experience in developing and/or applying computational
methods to genome data analysis; or candidates with demonstrable extensive experience in the
– Strong programming skills in languages such as R, Python or Perl.
– A good knowledge of bioinformatics or statistical genetics tools.
– Knowledge of and experience with common bioinformatics databases, resources and tools.
– Strong organisational skills to track data and record downstream analysis.
– Knowledge and strong interest in transcription regulation.
– Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
Transforming drug discovery using
the 3D structure of the genome
– Strong communication skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to technical and nontechnical audiences.
– Flexible and co-operative approach to colleagues.
– Strong organisational and time management skills; as well as the ability to prioritise and balance
– A positive “can-do” and result oriented attitude, with openness to new ideas and the ability to
work flexibly in a highly dynamic environment.
– Track record of working with genomics data, such as RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, DNase-seq, ATAC-seq.
– Track record of working with single cell genomics data.
– Demonstrated experience in collecting, mining and visualising complex biological data.
– Experience in development of NGS analysis pipelines for large numbers of samples.
– Experience supporting and collaborating with non-computational biologists.
– Experience in pharmaceutical industry.
CV and Covering Lett
To apply please send us your CV at [email protected] If you know someone who could be a
good fit, please share this posting with them.
At Nucleome Therapeutics equality, diversity and inclusion is really important to us. We welcome
applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
NUCLEOME THERAPEUTICS is an exciting new venture that just spun out from a decade of research at Oxford University with the aim to unlock the non-coding part of the genome to help deliver life changing treatments. We are building a passionate, creative and dedicated multi-disciplinary team of scientists with expertise in gene regulation, genomics, machine learning, data analysis and software development, whose mission is to decode and mine the regulatory “dark matter” of the human genome to transform drug target discovery and help deliver the next generation of genetically guided therapeutics.